Closing the Doors to Devil and Opening it for Christ to Be Your LORD

 

Returning Every Area of the Believer’s Life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ

“Neither give place to the devil.” — Ephesians 4:27

There are prayers we pray because we want God to change our circumstances.

There are prayers we pray because we need healing, provision, protection, direction, or deliverance.

But there is another kind of prayer—a prayer in which we deliberately bring our whole life back under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

That is what a biblically grounded door-closing prayer should be.

It is not a magical formula.

It is not a collection of spiritual passwords.

It is not an attempt to finish something Jesus failed to finish at Calvary.

And it is not based upon fear that Satan possesses greater authority than Christ.

A true door-closing prayer is a conscious response to the Gospel:

Jesus Christ has conquered. I belong to Him. Therefore, whatever contradicts His Lordship must no longer be welcomed, practiced, protected, justified, cherished, or given room in my life.

This is why Scripture says:

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
James 4:7

Notice the order.

First: submit to God.

Then: resist the devil.

Deliverance without surrender can become a cycle.

Renunciation without repentance can become a formula.

Spiritual warfare without the Gospel can become fear-centered Christianity.

But when a believer understands the Cross, resurrection, forgiveness, new creation, the indwelling Holy Spirit, and the authority of Jesus Christ, spiritual warfare takes its proper place.

We are not struggling to persuade Jesus to defeat the devil.

Jesus has already triumphed.


1. THE DOOR THROUGH WHICH EVERYTHING CHANGES: THE GOSPEL

Christian freedom begins not with demons.

It begins with Jesus.

The Gospel declares that humanity's deepest problem is sin and separation from God, and God's answer is His Son.

Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

He lived without sin.

He died for our sins.

He shed His blood for our redemption.

He was buried.

He rose bodily from the dead.

He ascended.

He reigns.

And everyone who repents and believes in Him receives forgiveness, reconciliation with God, eternal life, and a new identity.

The original prayer rightly returns repeatedly to Jesus:

“Jesus, you are the Lord of my life. I am yours. I surrender. I ask you to take over. Lead me. Guide me.”

It also rightly recognizes salvation as grace rather than human achievement:

“It is not of works but it is a free gift by grace... I place my faith in You, Lord Jesus.”

That must remain the foundation.

Christian freedom is not achieved because someone prayed every sentence perfectly.

We are saved by grace through faith in Christ.

We are cleansed because of Christ.

We are justified because of Christ.

We are reconciled because of Christ.

We overcome because of Christ.

Colossians describes salvation as God having rescued believers from the dominion of darkness and brought them into the kingdom of His Son, in whom we have redemption and forgiveness.

Therefore the foundation of every door-closing prayer must be:

“Jesus Christ is Lord.”


2. WHAT IS A “DOOR” BIBLICALLY?

The Bible does not give Christians a ritual called “The Door-Closing Prayer.”

That terminology is descriptive rather than a biblical ordinance.

But the underlying principle is biblical.

Paul warns:

“Neither give place to the devil.”
Ephesians 4:27

The Greek idea behind “place” carries the sense of room, opportunity, territory, or occasion.

In its immediate context Paul is dealing with anger, falsehood, corrupt speech, stealing, bitterness, wrath, malice and related conduct.

So a spiritual “door” should not automatically be understood as some mysterious invisible portal.

Often the door is something painfully ordinary:

unrepented sin, cherished bitterness, sexual immorality, deception, pride, occult involvement, unforgiveness, habitual rebellion, idolatry, destructive addiction, hatred, or deliberate disobedience.

Closing the door therefore means:

repenting of what God calls sin, renouncing allegiance to what contradicts Christ, receiving God's forgiveness, resisting Satan, and beginning to walk obediently in the Spirit.


3. THE FIRST GREAT WORK OF THE PRAYER: SURRENDER

The original prayer says:

“Jesus, you are the Lord of my life. I am yours. I surrender.”

This may be one of its most important statements.

Because Christianity is not merely:

“Jesus, remove my problems.”

The Gospel calls us to:

“Jesus, rule my life.”

There is a tremendous difference.

Many people want deliverance from consequences while preserving the choices producing those consequences.

But Jesus does not merely become an emergency service within our existing kingdom.

He becomes Lord.

My body belongs to Him.

My sexuality belongs to Him.

My relationships belong to Him.

My money belongs to Him.

My thoughts belong to Him.

My entertainment belongs to Him.

My ambitions belong to Him.

My tongue belongs to Him.

My home belongs to Him.

My future belongs to Him.

My gifts belong to Him.

My ministry belongs to Him.

My entire existence becomes:

“Not my will, but Thine.”

That is door closing at its deepest level.


4. CONFESSION: BRINGING DARKNESS INTO THE LIGHT

The prayer then moves into confession:

“Whatever sin I may have in my life, I confess my sin now. I repent... Holy Spirit, show me, convict me of any specific sin.”

This is thoroughly biblical.

Scripture does not teach believers to pretend that sin has disappeared simply because they are Christians.

Instead:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
1 John 1:9

John connects walking in the light, confession and cleansing through Jesus Christ.

Confession is not informing God of something He did not know.

Confession means coming into agreement with God.

“Father, what You call sin, I will no longer rename as weakness, personality, culture, trauma, preference or entitlement. I agree with You.”

And repentance goes beyond admitting it.

Repentance turns.

The mouth says, “Forgive me.”

The heart says, “I no longer want this.”

The feet say, “I am changing direction.”


5. THE BLOOD OF JESUS: OUR CONFIDENCE IS IN ATONEMENT, NOT A FORMULA

The prayer repeatedly speaks about the blood of Jesus.

The theology beneath this is important.

The blood of Christ represents His sacrificial death by which our redemption and reconciliation were accomplished.

We overcome because Christ died and rose again—not because repeatedly saying the phrase “I apply the blood” functions like a spiritual incantation.

The New Testament continually points us toward what Christ's blood accomplished:

forgiveness,

cleansing,

redemption,

reconciliation,

access to God,

justification,

and covenant relationship.

Therefore our confession should be Christ-centered:

My confidence is not in how strongly I speak.
My confidence is in what Jesus accomplished.

Hebrews teaches believers to approach God's throne with confidence.

Not because we have mastered spiritual warfare.

But because our great High Priest has opened the way.


6. FORGIVENESS: CLOSING ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS DOORS

The original prayer gives substantial attention to forgiveness:

“I choose to forgive all the people who I think have wronged me... As you have done this for me, I do it for them.”

Later it deliberately asks the Holy Spirit to expose resentment, bitterness, rejection, betrayal, neglect and abandonment.

This is spiritually significant.

Jesus repeatedly connects receiving God's mercy with becoming merciful people.

Forgiveness does not mean calling evil good.

It does not mean denying abuse.

It does not necessarily mean restoring trust immediately.

It does not remove legitimate boundaries.

It does not prevent justice.

Forgiveness means surrendering personal vengeance to God.

I release my claimed right to continually collect payment from someone emotionally.

I refuse to build my identity around what they did.

I place judgment in God's hands.

The wound may need healing.

Trust may need rebuilding.

Consequences may remain.

But bitterness does not have to remain enthroned.


7. RENUNCIATION: BREAKING AGREEMENT WITH DARKNESS

The prayer contains extensive renunciations involving occult activity, idolatry, sexual sin, addiction, destructive practices and other allegiances.
There is a biblical principle here.

When people came to Christ in Acts 19, those who had practiced magic publicly abandoned their former practices and destroyed materials associated with them.

Conversion changed allegiance.

Paul similarly tells the Corinthians:

“Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils.”
1 Corinthians 10:21

A believer cannot knowingly embrace Jesus while simultaneously maintaining spiritual allegiance to practices opposed to Him.

So biblical renunciation means:

“I belonged there. I participated there. I trusted that. I practiced that. But now I belong to Jesus Christ, and I reject every allegiance that competes with Him.”

That can be profoundly important for someone coming out of occult practice, idolatry, sexual bondage, addiction or another deeply entrenched pattern.

But the power is not in endlessly discovering increasingly obscure things to renounce.

The power is in changing allegiance to Christ.


8. SPIRITUAL WARFARE IS REAL—but CHRIST MUST REMAIN CENTRAL

The prayer speaks strongly about demonic powers and spiritual warfare.

The Bible unquestionably teaches spiritual conflict.

Paul writes:

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers... against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
Ephesians 6:12

But notice Paul's solution.

He does not tell believers to become obsessed with cataloguing demons.

He says:

Stand in truth.

Stand in righteousness.

Stand in the Gospel of peace.

Take the shield of faith.

Receive the helmet of salvation.

Use the Word of God.

And pray in the Spirit.

That is the New Testament picture of warfare.

The armor of God is remarkably Christ-centered.

Truth.

Righteousness.

Gospel.

Faith.

Salvation.

Scripture.

Prayer.

Therefore mature spiritual warfare does not make us increasingly fascinated with Satan.

It makes us increasingly established in Christ.


9. ONE IMPORTANT CORRECTION: WE DO NOT COMMAND ANGELS

The original prayer contains statements directing angels to fight, cut strongholds, bind powers and perform other tasks.

Hebrews 1:14 does describe angels as ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation.

But Scripture does not therefore establish Christians as commanders over God's angels.

Angels belong to God.

God sends them.

God commands them.

A safer and stronger biblical prayer is:

“Father, protect me according to Your will. Send Your angels according to Your command and purpose.”

Our authority is exercised under Christ.

We do not need to assume authority Scripture has not explicitly given us.


10. GENERATIONAL SIN: WHAT THE CROSS DOES AND DOES NOT REQUIRE US TO SAY

The prayer contains extensive statements concerning ancestral sins and generational curses.

Scripture certainly shows that one generation's sin can produce devastating consequences for future generations.

Children can inherit:

family patterns,

learned behavior,

trauma,

false beliefs,

addictions,

damaged relationships,

social consequences,

and environments shaped by previous generations.

But Scripture also strongly emphasizes individual responsibility before God.

Most importantly, the believer's defining genealogy is no longer merely natural.

We are in Christ.

Galatians 3:13 declares:

“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us.”

Therefore we do not need to live terrified that an undiscovered ancestral sin possesses greater legal authority than the Cross.

A biblical prayer can say:

“Father, wherever sinful patterns have traveled through my family, let them stop with me. I reject what contradicts Christ. Teach me to establish a different inheritance for the generations following me.”

That is powerful without making speculative claims Scripture does not require.


11. WE SHOULD NOT CLAIM TO “CANCEL DNA DEFECTS” BY DECLARATION

The prayer states:

“I cancel, in Jesus’ name, all genetic and DNA defects in me and my seed.”

Scripture gives Christians every reason to pray for healing.

We can ask boldly.

We can believe God is able to heal.

We can lay hands on the sick.

We can trust His compassion.

But Scripture does not promise that a verbal declaration automatically rewrites every genetic abnormality.

That sentence should therefore not be presented as guaranteed biblical doctrine.

We should pray:

“Father, You created my body and know every cell. I ask for healing according to Your mercy and power. Give wisdom to those caring for me, sustain me in weakness, and let Your purposes prevail.”

Faith does not require us to promise what God Himself has not universally promised.


12. “CALLING BACK FRAGMENTS OF THE SOUL” IS NOT A CLEAR NEW TESTAMENT TEACHING

The original prayer says:

“I also call back any fragmented pieces of my soul... and re-seat [them] in proper order.”

People can unquestionably experience profound emotional fragmentation, trauma, dissociation, brokenness and inner turmoil.

God heals the brokenhearted.

But the New Testament does not instruct believers to retrieve literal pieces of a soul scattered among people or locations.

A more biblical prayer would be:

“Lord Jesus, heal what has been wounded within me. Restore my mind, emotions and affections. Renew my mind by Your truth and make me whole in You.”

The difference matters.

Our theology should be built from Scripture rather than making Scripture conform to a spiritual technique.


13. “FORGIVING MYSELF” SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD CAREFULLY

The prayer says:

“I choose to forgive myself.”

The Bible repeatedly commands us to forgive others, and promises God's forgiveness to the repentant believer.

It does not specifically command “self-forgiveness.”

But the emotional reality behind the phrase is understandable.

Some believers continue condemning themselves after God has forgiven them.

The better biblical concept is:

receive God's verdict over your life.

Romans 8 begins:

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.”

So rather than making ourselves the final judge who must grant ourselves pardon, we say:

“Because God has forgiven me through Christ, I refuse to continue condemning the person God has justified.”

That places authority where it belongs—with God.


14. THE BELIEVER DOES NOT ONLY CLOSE DOORS—HE MUST FILL THE HOUSE

This may be the most important principle of all.

Christianity is not merely subtraction.

Stop sinning.

Stop occult practices.

Stop pornography.

Stop anger.

Stop bitterness.

Stop rebellion.

Stop addiction.

That is incomplete.

Jesus warned about an unclean spirit leaving a person and later finding the “house” empty.

The answer to darkness is not merely emptiness.

The answer is occupation by something greater.

Be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Fill your mind with Scripture.

Fill your mouth with thanksgiving.

Fill your relationships with godly fellowship.

Fill your schedule with obedience.

Fill your home with worship.

Fill your life with service.

Fill your heart with Christ.

We are not merely trying to create a demon-free life.

We are becoming a Christ-filled people.


15. WHAT DOES THE WHOLE LIFE OF A BELIEVER LOOK LIKE?

A complete Christian life therefore includes much more than deliverance.

It begins with the Gospel—Christ crucified and risen.

It rests in justification—accepted before God through Christ.

It receives a new identity—a new creation in Christ.

It continues through repentance and sanctification.

It lives by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

It feeds upon the Word of God.

It perseveres through prayer.

It grows through fellowship with the Church.

It publicly identifies with Christ through baptism.

It remembers His death through the Lord's Supper.

It walks in forgiveness and reconciliation.

It develops the fruit of the Spirit.

It learns obedience and holiness.

It resists temptation and engages in spiritual warfare.

It practices generosity and stewardship.

It cares for the poor, wounded and forgotten.

It loves God.

It loves its neighbor.

It serves with spiritual gifts without making those gifts its identity.

It endures suffering without abandoning faith.

It proclaims the Gospel.

It makes disciples.

It waits for Christ's return.

And through every stage the center remains the same:

Jesus Christ.


16. SO WHAT ARE WE ACTUALLY DOING IN A DOOR-CLOSING PRAYER?

We are not convincing God to love us.

Calvary has already demonstrated His love.

We are not getting resaved.

We are returning consciously to the reality of our salvation.

We are not defeating Satan again.

Christ has triumphed over the powers of darkness.

We are enforcing our allegiance to the victorious Christ.

We are examining the rooms of our lives.

We are identifying what contradicts our confession that Jesus is Lord.

We are confessing sin.

We are repenting.

We are forgiving.

We are renouncing ungodly allegiances.

We are rejecting lies.

We are surrendering wounds.

We are resisting the devil.

We are submitting ourselves afresh to God.

We are bringing our thoughts back under truth.

We are asking the Holy Spirit to fill what sin once occupied.

And we are deliberately declaring:

“This life belongs to Jesus.”


17. WHY IS THIS NEEDED?

Because believers can genuinely belong to Christ while still carrying unrepented attitudes, unresolved bitterness, destructive habits, ignorance, wounds, false beliefs and areas of disobedience.

Paul wrote to Christians when he said:

“Neither give place to the devil.”

He wrote to Christians when he commanded:

“Put on the whole armour of God.”

He wrote to Christians about resisting spiritual powers.

Ephesians 6 describes Christian life as standing against the devil's schemes while clothed with truth, righteousness, the Gospel, faith, salvation, God's Word and persevering prayer.

So we should not think:

“I am saved; therefore nothing in my life requires examination.”

Nor should we think:

“Something is wrong; therefore Jesus must not have saved me.”

The healthy response is:

“Because I belong to Jesus, every part of me must increasingly come under His government.”


18. DOOR CLOSING IS NOT AN EVENT—IT BECOMES A WAY OF LIFE

One prayer can mark a powerful moment of repentance.

But no prayer eliminates the Christian's need for daily discipleship.

Jesus said:

“If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.”
Luke 9:23

There will continually be choices.

What will I watch?

What will I speak?

Whom will I forgive?

What thoughts will I entertain?

What desires will I feed?

What relationships will shape me?

Where will my money go?

What will I do when temptation appears?

Whose voice will define me?

Door closing therefore becomes door guarding.

“Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”
Proverbs 4:23


19. THE MOST IMPORTANT DOOR IS NOT THE ONE BEHIND YOU

Many deliverance teachings spend enormous energy investigating the past.

What happened ten years ago?

What happened to your ancestors?

What object entered your house?

Who prayed against you?

Who cursed you?

Some examination may occasionally be useful.

But Scripture continually directs our eyes toward something greater:

Christ before us.

Paul said:

“Forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark...”
Philippians 3:13–14

Your Christian life cannot become one endless archaeological excavation of darkness.

There comes a time to shut the door,

turn around,

and walk forward with Jesus.


20. THE FINAL DECLARATION

My confidence is not in a prayer.

My confidence is in Jesus Christ.

I do not belong to darkness.

I have been brought into the Kingdom of God's beloved Son.

I do not have to live condemned.

Christ has paid for my sin.

I do not have to protect my bitterness.

I can forgive because I have been forgiven.

I do not have to remain enslaved to my former life.

I am a new creation in Christ.

I do not need to fear Satan.

I submit to God and resist him.

I do not need to command heaven.

My Father rules heaven.

I do not have to uncover every secret of my ancestry before I can walk with God.

Jesus Christ is sufficient.

I do not merely want doors closed.

I want Jesus enthroned.

I do not merely want evil removed.

I want the Holy Spirit to fill me.

I do not merely want relief.

I want transformation.

I do not merely want freedom from something.

I want freedom for Someone.

For His glory.

For His Kingdom.

For His purpose.

For His name.

And therefore the greatest door-closing prayer is ultimately this:

“Lord Jesus, everything in me that belongs to You—take it.
Everything in me that contradicts You—expose it.
Everything You expose—give me grace to surrender.
Everything You forgive—teach me not to carry again.
Every door You close—teach me not to reopen.
Every place You cleanse—fill with Your Spirit.
Every day You give me—let it belong completely to You.
Jesus Christ, be Lord of the whole house.”

Amen.


NOW PRAY: 
THE DOOR CLOSING PRAYER CLICK HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Prayers - Shift Atmosphere Instantly

Prayers For Marriage & Family - Daily Revolution by ps Nate

AJ Stan Testimony :